Saturday, December 31, 2011

My New Year's Resolution - 2012 (I MUST be crazy)!

My New Year's resolution for 2012... drum roll please... I must be crazy... with a husband, autistic 10 year old, and a toddler?... working full time... graduate school full time... but it can be done!... is.................... to spend less than $2,000 on my family's groceries AND toiletries for the YEAR! Yep - you may all think I've lost my marbles, I may very well have - however; I'm going to give this a shot! If I can do it, then YOU can do it to!

I included the dynamics of my family and my obligations outside of my family in my introduction for one simple reason. Couponing takes TIME! You have to find an organizational system that works for you. You have to devote your 'down' time (yeah, I know - what is that?) to couponing. You can't succumb to running to the store every night for dinner. Over the past few months, I haven't 'couponed' much so now is the perfect time to start back up.

And here is the kicker! If I can bring my family's food/toiletry budget to come in UNDER $2,000 - we will be spending next Christmas in Disney!

1 comment: