Sunday, January 01, 2012

Countdown to Disney has officially started!

I didn't do a lot of shopping today, but made a quick trip to my three trusty stores: Albertsons, CVS, and Walgreens. I am sure once I really go through all the ads and do my own match-ups, I'll go back for some deals.

My first stop was CVS. I picked up eight bottles of Pantene shampoos & conditioners, two Cover Girl eye-liners and four Tide laundry detergents. I spent a total of $20.19 out of pocket.


I then headed over to Walgreens. I purchased four boxes of Skinny Cow candy, 4 12-count Alka-Seltzers, 2 children's Triaminic strips, 6 pack of toilet paper and also picked up my free 25 4x6 prints from the photo lab. Total out of pocket was: $10.72.

OK - we all know we can't live off drug-store couponing, so I had to go to the grocery store! Since the Cowboys were playing today, I wore my jersey to Albertsons because you get 10% off on game day (when you wear a jersey).



I spent $113.67 at Albertsons today. That is quite A LOT for me to spend at the store. However; I did purchase 14 packages of meat (we had NONE in the freezer!) My advice to anyone trying to save money is to shop for items you DON'T have coupons for on game days. Great way to buy produce, meats, milk, etc.. things you rarely get coupons for!


So here I am on DAY ONE of my challenge.

Total spent today: $144.58

Total spent to date: $144.58

According to my receipts, I saved (between all three stores): $209.19 

No comments:

Post a Comment